Course Cost - $1349.00
Ever wanted to be a PADI Scuba Instructor!
Join PADI IDC Staff Instructor Cory and PADI Course Director Pam for a fantastic experience in Key Largo, Florida during a PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). We work with a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Center which provides the facilitates to help you become a PADI Instructor!
The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor rating is one fo the most gratifying experiences you will ever achieve. As an Instructor you now get to do things only others can dream of by helping people transform their lives as scuba divers by teaching others to scuba dive and introducing them to fantastic experiences underwater and in social groups.
You now teach others about leadership and oversee all diving activities, serve as a mentor, and teach all classes up to Divemaster. When you earn the PADI OWSI rating you join the largest and most respected professional dive agency in the world.
If your interested in a scuba career then we have the "edge" to further teach you about underwater archaeology and underwater resources and introduce you to research diving. We can teach you the specialized skills you need about dive operations, research diving, underwater archaeology, and other useful skills.
See our class schedule for details.
Classes on Request
The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program is one of two distinct components of the overall PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and introduces you to the entire PADI System of diver education and concentrates on further developing your abilities as a professional dive educator. The PADI IDC consists of the PADI Assistant Instructor course which is then followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor program.
IDC Day 1-4 Assistant Instructor (AI)
Day 4-8 Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI)
The AI and OWSI are both required even if you are already an AI since you will continue to gain further information intertwined as part of the IDC. You will also be re-exposed to AI subject matters that will further reinforce what you may have already learned.
IE 2 days of testing immediately following the IDC, generally Saturday-Sunday. The Instructor Examination is where you demonstrate to the PADI Instructor Examiners what you have learned in the IDC.
View the Instructor Examination (IE) Calendar
What you learn
As a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor we will work with you to further refine your teaching and presentation skills and improving underwater demonstration quality and much more.
During the course you’ll learn how to apply the PADI System of Education by presenting at least
- Two confined water teaching presentations
- Two knowledge development presentations
- One open water teaching presentations integrating two skills
You will also attend and participate in the following 14 curriculum presentations:
- Course Orientation
- Dive Industry Overview
- General Standards and Procedures
- The Role of Media and Prescriptive Teaching
- Legal Responsibility and Risk Management
- PADI Scuba Diver and Open Water Diver Course
- Adaptive Teaching
- The PADI Continuing Education Philosophy
- Business Principles for the Dive Instructor
- Adventures in Diving Program
- Specialty Diver Courses and Master Scuba Diver Program
- Rescue Diver Course
- Divemaster Course
- Diver Retention Programs
- How to Teach the RDP (Instructors from recreational diver training organizations other than PADI must complete.)
You will demonstrate competence at
- performing all 24 dive skills listed on the Skill Evaluation.
- performing a facedown, nonstop swim for 800 meters/yards using a mask, snorkel and fins.
During the course you’ll need to demonstrate competency in Dive theory by passing a five-part theory exam scoring 75% on each part .
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba gear (BCD, regulator, mask, snorkel, fins, scuba cylinder, exposure protection, compass, reels, floats, buoys, pocket masks, and other rescue equipment such as a first aid kit and oxygen unit) including other specialized gear such as dive computers that will be used to teach any PADI class.
The PADI Instructor Development Course crewpack includes all the materials needed to prepare for the Instructor Development Course. The 23-item pack includes:
- Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (Open Water and Advanced, Rescue and Divemaster)
- Instructor Development Course Candidate Workbook and related reference materials,
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
- Specialty outlines for Project AWARE
- PADI Instructor Manual
You’ll want to continue your professional training by completing courses that allow you to teach beyond the core courses. For example, Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor, Emergency First Response Instructor, and specialty instructor courses complement your Open Water Scuba Instructor rating and add to your professional portfolio.
Copyright © 2014 - 2020 Indiana Scuba, LLC| Contact Us | Returns | ©2014 Hoosier Divers, Rights Reserved.® or ™ indicates a trademark of Indiana Scuba or its affiliates.